Buying products for your babies can feel like A LOT of work. You spend time researching, testing, returning, trashing, etc.
At Wink Naturals, we put a lot of thought into our products. Ingredients are researched and backed by clinical studies. We ask parents what they like and don’t like about products on the market and we make the BEST of the best from their feedback and our research.
Sometimes that means you pay a little more but trust me, you are paying for quality. And doesn’t your baby deserve the best?
With the launch of our new foaming oil bath wash, we wanted to do a little comparison of some other popular brands.
Keep in mind we are simply listing their information.
Baby Bath Wash Compared
- Dr. Brown Foaming Bath Wash
- Price: $10.97+ (Depends on where you buy it)
- Size: Available in 8 oz/236 ml and 19 oz/562 ml
- Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Coco-Glucoside, Glycerin, AloeBarbadensisLeafJuice*, SodiumChloride,Parfum(Fragrance), CalendulaOfficinalisExtract*, AnthemisNobilisExtract(Chamomile)*, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate
- Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo
- Price: $6.99-$10.99
- Size: 8 fl oz, 12 fl oz, 18 fl oz
- Ingredients: Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Glycerin, Coco-Glucoside, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Benzoate, Glyceryl Oleate, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Polyquaternium-10, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract.
- Honest Shampoo & Body Wash
- Price: $9.95
- Size: 10.0 fl. oz. (296 mL)
- Ingredients: DEEPLY NOURISHING
Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropylsulfonate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate, Sodium Chloride, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract*, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract*, Chenopodium Quinoa Extract, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Protein, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Mentha Arvensis Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Juniperus Virginiana Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Oil, Betaine, Vanillin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Lauryl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Triethyl Citrate, Coconut Acid, Sodium Citrate, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Disodium Coco-Glucoside Citrate, Citric Acid, Anisaldehyde, Benzyl Acetate
- Johnson’s Baby Shampoo
- Price: $3.99 (depending on where you buy it)
- Size: 88 mL, 444 mL, 592 mL
- Ingredients: Water (eau), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, PEG-150 Distearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Polyquaternium-10, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Acrylates Copolymer, Yellow 6, Yellow 10, Parfum
We aren’t the first company to create bath wash, and we aren’t the first company to create a foaming bath wash. But we are the first company to create a foaming OIL bath wash.
We went the oil route for multiple reasons. We wanted our product to be harsh-chemical free. No SLS or SLES. SLS, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, is commonly used in personal care products. In simplest terms, it is what helps the product to foam.
The scary thing about SLS is that it’s been linked to anything from skin irritation all the way to cancer. Nobody wants that in their bath wash, but a surprising amount of bath washes, shampoos, and other products have it. But not ours!
Some extra pros of using essential oils are the benefits of aromatherapy, calming benefits for the skin, lavender for relaxation, and citrus just to make you clean and happy :).
If I can get my baby to relax, get clean, and be happy, all from a bath wash, then I’m one happy mama!
Wink Naturals Foaming Oil Bath Wash
Here’s a breakdown of our ingredients.
- Price: $24.99
- Size: 8.5 fl oz
Water: Good Ol’ H20
Decyl Glucoside: Plant-derived cleanser
Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate: Derived from coconut, acts as a natural foamer
Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate: Coconut-derived cleanser
Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropylsulfonate: Natural sugar compound
Pentylene Glycol: Skin conditioner
Glycerin: Skin moisturizer
Benzyl Alcohol: Antibacterial agent
Hydroxyacetophenone: Antioxidant and skin soothing component
Coco-Glucoside: Coconut-derived, acts as a foaming, cleansing, and conditioning agent
Glyceryl Oleate: Emulsifier
Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil: Essential oil, aromatic
Salicylic Acid: Natural exfoliant
Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil: Essential oil, aromatic
Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate: Natural rinsing agent
Sorbic Acid: Preservative, prevents the growth of mold, fungi, and yeast
Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract: Green tea, combats hair fall and dandruff
Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract: Soothes and relieves inflamed and sensitive skin
Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract: Promotes hair health and circulation
Citrus Lavender aroma: Highest quality essential oils that smell so nice! No artificial fragrances here.
- Information: Lasts the average family 6-8 weeks. Great for bubble baths… and some like it for shaving cream too :).
Dare To Compare: Why Buy Wink?
We like being transparent about our products and especially our ingredients. And we know that there are lots of great products out there to choose from. But when you purchase from us, you are joining a movement. You are joining a family!
With every product we create, we strive to impact and strengthen families and to simplify parenting. We do that by listening to you! We love your feedback on current products and your ideas for future products.
Now that you’ve seen some of the top bath washes out there, you are armed with the information to find the best product for your family! Just know that we will always be transparent with our products and the ingredients that we choose. We hope you will choose Wink.
P.S. Leave a comment below on your thoughts on bath washes you have loved or hated in the past. We’d love to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly!
If you are interested in purchasing Wink’s Bath Wash, check it out here.
You are protected by our 100% Happy Guarantee. If you don’t love our products, return them for a full refund. It’s how we think things should be done.